We are happy to announce that “Passport to Broadway Shanghai” will return in 2019! Two different sessions are scheduled.
- March 30 – April 5, 2019 Registration Deadline for March 30 – April 5, 2019 is December 10, 2018.
- September 28 – October 4, 2019. Registration Deadline for September 28 – October 4, 2019 is June 10, 2019.
Visit https://teachersh.scis-his.net/scis-broadway-live-summer-theatre/ for more details and to register now as space is very limited in advance for this exclusive Broadway Education Program.
The program is brought to Shanghai by StudentsLive, International Passport to Broadway Division, an Award-Winning Broadway Educational Theater Programs. StudentsLive employs experienced Broadway professionals to provide an authentic, high-level experience to students who want to experience the preparation, rehearsal, and production phases of a Broadway-level performance. They have worked with over 250,000 students worldwide and run successful programs in the United States, Korea, Guatemala, Japan, Brazil, and most recently (internationally) in Guangzhou China.
This is a rare opportunity for serious and aspiring actors, singers, and dancers to be led by experienced Broadway professionals through the preparation, rehearsal, and performance stages of a unique, customized musical (including over 25 of Broadway’s most popular classical and contemporary shows) over the course of seven days in Spring and Fall 2019. This will be an inclusive experience, with a mix of all skill levels, musical theater interest, experience, and age ranges. However, there must be a dedication and serious commitment to raise your skill level through this rigorous program. Interested students preferably will have experience with theater, dance, and/or singing and a strong desire to dedicate themselves over the nine days to move to the next level. StudentsLive will screen all applicants in a thorough and comprehensive manner before acceptance.
The Passport to Broadway program is also connected to exclusive invitations to optional summer programs in NYC. These programs include:
- backstage access and meetings with other Broadway professionals
- tours and informational sessions about NYC university theater programs, including the opportunity to earn university scholarships.
We invite you to learn more about this unique program to see if it is the right fit for your aspirations.
Passport to Broadway Shanghai is truly a community experience open to aspiring actors older than age 11. Adults are welcome too!
- Adults can also participate in Passport to Broadway Musical Theater Intensives.
- Space is limited to 40/50 students. Reservations will be accepted immediately and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students from SCIS receive a discount.
- For the March 30 – April 5, 2019 session all participants registered and paid prior to November 10, 2018 will receive an early-bird discount of 10%. Regular deadline: December 10, 2018.
- For the September 28 – October 4, 2019 session all participants registered and paid prior to May 10, 2019 will receive an early-bird discount of 10%. Regular deadline: June 10, 2019.
- Optional: Daily transportation is provided for a small fee.
A 50% deposit is due upon submission of application and final balance is due no later than December 10, 2019 for March 30 – April 5, 2019. A 50% deposit is due upon submission of application and final balance is due no later than June 10, 2019 for September 28 – October 4, 2019. A Letter of Confirmation from Artistic Director of Passport to Broadway Amy Weinstein will be sent approximately three months prior to the program. If minimum participation for the program is not met, the program may be shortened or amended, if the program is cancelled a full refund will be sent. There is a maximum cap on participants chosen and students will be accepted on a first come first serve basis based on application acceptance review by StudentsLive.
How to apply?
- Complete this application form. PDF Version or MS Word Version.
- Send completed application to Laurie Luebbe at email@example.com
- Complete payment of deposit. See below.
- DEPOSIT: A 50% nonrefundable deposit payment (unless the program is cancelled) is due with a completed application to reserve a spot in the program. First come. First Served. Limited space available. (If you or your child (for those under 18) are not accepted by StudentsLive based on the application information filled out in total, you will be notified and refunded.) The final 50% balance is due no later than December 10, 2019 for March 30 – April 5, 2019. The final 50% balance is due no later than June 10, 2019 for September 28 – October 4, 2019. . (Exceptions to payment schedule may be made on a limited basis if space is still available after December 10, 2019 for March 30 – April 5, 2019 or after June 10, 2019 for September 28 – October 4, 2019.)
- Payments can be made by electronic bank transfer or cash. Details will be forthcoming after acceptance.
- The cost of the program includes a daily lunch.
- Transportation is not included in the cost of tuition. Busing will be arranged for an optional / additional fee. More information will be shared approximately three months prior to each program.