Return to Campus Message
Dear Dragon Parents and Students,
The time has come! We are delighted to confirm we will be reopening the SCIS-Pudong Campus to Grade 10 and Grade 12 students beginning on Wednesday 6 May, with Grades 9 and 11 joining on Monday 11 May, and Middle School ready to join us the following week, 18 May.
As we open the doors of our building once again, our highest priority is the health and safety of each and every member of our community. We are committed to making SCIS a safe space to learn and to work for all Dragons: students and teachers, support staff and drivers, ayis and cafeteria workers…each and every one of us. In order to do so, we have developed a detailed plan based on guidance from the World Health Organization, the Centers of Disease Control of multiple countries, and the local authorities with whom we are in constant communication. We understand that keeping each individual safe will require constant vigilance by the entire community. The “C” in SCIS is more important now than ever before.
We are relying on every Dragon family to support the health and safety of our community through these essential measures:
- Before returning to campus, each student must:
- have been physically present in China and have not travelled to Hubei province within the past 14 days,
- have completed all quarantine requirements and have a Green Health Code. [Students who do not have smart phones may use their parents codes.]
- monitor their daily temperature and other symptoms for a minimum of five days before their first day of coming to campus. Parents must start taking students’ temperatures on or before Friday, May 1. Please report your child’s daily temperature/symptoms using this form until school begins.
If your child does not yet meet these requirements, we will continue to support their virtual learning as long as is needed.
Return to Campus Procedures
- All parents/guardians must take their child/ren’s temperature and check them for other symptoms every morning before school. Please do not send your child/children to school if they have any symptoms of illness. Students with an elevated temperature of 37.3°C or above will not be permitted to board the bus or to enter the school building.
- Morning home health checks, along with other pertinent information, must be documented on the Daily Student Health Card. Students are required to bring a hard copy of their Daily Student Health Card every day. They will show this card and their Green QR Code (QR Code Procedures Here) to the bus ayi before boarding and must also submit the card and show the green QR code it every morning as they enter campus. Students who do not carry their Daily Student Health Card and Green QR Code will not be permitted to board the bus or to enter the school building.
- Students must board the busses and arrive to school with masks. All staff and students are to wear masks for the duration of the school day.
- Only students and staff are able to enter the SCIS-Pudong campus at this time. Parents will continue to participate in campus life virtually, through Microsoft Teams.
- All families are asked to review together the safety protocols that will be laid out at the Return to Campus orientation meeting on Monday, May 4th at 3:30pm. Students and parents should attend the presentation together on MS Teams. It will be posted online after the meeting. Please use this Campus Orientation Meeting Link to access the MS Teams meeting.
We have been preparing for this day since our campus closed in February and will continue to do everything in our power to make sure our return and reunion is safe and positive.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are all in this together.
See you at school!!!
Return to Campus Web Page
SCIS-PD has developed a web page dedicated to communicated important information regarding our return to campus procedures. This web page includes information regarding the daily health reporting requirements, school safety procedures, and information on how daily routines will be impacted. We encourage all families to review this information closely with your children. The web page can be accessed HERE.
Family Travel Survey
As a reminder, we are required by the Shanghai Education Commission to keep records on the locations of all of our families. Please be sure to update this FAMILY TRAVEL SURVEY if you location has changed since the last time you completed it. Thank you!
Technology Support Reminders
- Technology Help Desk Support: is available Monday-Friday 8am-11pm Shanghai time.
- Contact Information
- Email: PDemail@example.com
- Calls: +86 (21) 6261-4338 x3333
- Passwords: email PDfirstname.lastname@example.org if you need your password reset
Frank Volpe, PhD Naomi Shanks
Upper School Principal Upper School Vice Principal