Well, the day has finally arrived ! (Or, it’s just around the corner.)
After a long absence, we are just days away from welcoming students back to SCIS Pudong. It will be quite a day.
Our collective health and safety remain our top priority and we are committed to working through the Return-To-Campus process in a methodical, safe, and transparent way. In this spirit, I am sharing with each of you a link to our Return-To-Campus Procedures so that you can familiarize yourself your child’s eventual return. You will find videos, photos, and detailed procedures to ensure we keep everyone’s health and safety in mind.
Although each grade level will start at a different intervals, this will be a community effort. Working together, we will ensure that everyone in our SCIS community: students, parents, drivers, secretaries, teachers, assistants, guards, ayis, support staff, cleaners, administrators, cooks, etc. make this a Community effort. We will succeed because we will do so together.
I leave you with a copy of my emailed letter from Wednesday night which includes more details regarding our return. On behalf of Dr. Volpe, Ms. Gale and our entire faculty and staff, we are very excited to see everyone once again and be together as a community.
Our students health and well-being will be our priority – now and always.
Wishing you a relaxing weekend and hoping you are able to spend some time in the wonderful Shanghai Spring weather.
Repeat of Mr. Luebbe’s Email from April 29
Dear SCIS Pudong Parents,
We are excited to share this email with all of you because we can now see the light at the end the tunnel. We are busy planning for our eventual return to campus!
As Mr. Eschtruth’s email shared on April 26 states, we will welcome back students by grade levels according to the following schedule.
- Grades 10 & 12: Wednesday, May 6
- Grades 9 & 11: Monday, May 11
- Grades 4-8: Monday, May 18
- All other grade levels will have return to campus announcements made once we have confirmation from the SEC and District Educational Bureaus.
The administrative team has been at school this week preparing to welcome students in Grades 10 and 12 on May 6. Our entire faculty will return to school on Monday May 4.
The process of re-starting our school year after such a significant event, will not be easy. Schools, like all organizations, will need to adjust to a new normal. Our new normal will prioritize health and safety first and foremost. We also recognize that returning to school will require our focused attention on the social and emotional well-being of our students, parents, and faculty.
It is clear there will be some anxiety. But we will work through this process safely because we will do it together. And, we work through this process together, because we will make a commitment to each other’s safety.
- You have already received an introductory video from Mr. Eschtruth to preview our new reality and the steps we will take to ensure that safety remains our top priority.
- We will be creating a number of guidelines and procedures for the Pudong Campus, and I will share those with you in my blog post tomorrow.
- Dr. Volpe and I want to invite all parents and students in grades 9-12 to an online meeting for the SCIS PD Return-To-Campus Orientation on Monday at 3:30 pm. A separate email will be coming very shortly from Dr. Volpe with an invitation to the online meeting.
We will be repeating these meetings for additional grade levels in the near future to ensure that we are going through the Return-To-Campus process together, by being informed and unified in our approach.
The campus, the school day, and the mindset of everyone will be different than it was in January. Yet, on behalf of the entire faculty, I know we are excited to see the campus alive with learning, rekindled relationships and laughter in just a few short days.
Head of School
SCIS – Pudong Campus