Today I had the pleasure of working with ten very dedicated PAFA Leadership Team members for 2+ hours to work through some yearlong goals for next year.
I am truly appreciative of the ideas and dedication of this group. Thus far, they have identified two main goals for 2019-20.
- PAFA will add value to the students’ experience at SCIS.
- PAFA will increase parent participation through value-added experiences for SCIS parents.
They are in the process of mapping out and prioritizing the many ideas that were generated. It is fair to say that if you wish to be involved in PAFA, there are a large variety of ways you can contribute. You can find more information on the PAFA webpage.
In advance, I want to say thank you to this group for putting in the time to plan so many ways to enhance the SCIS Community.
Being a part of an international school means we become all too familiar with transitions. To all of our departing families – thank you for all that you have contributed to the SCIS Community. Remember: Once a Dragon, Always a Dragon.
We have many families who will be re-patriating at the end of the year. The transition process can be filled with questions. Moving countries – and repatriating back to your home country – are big steps in a child’s life. Below, I’m sharing a few articles to help pave that eventual transition.
Having lived overseas for 23 years, I know that saying goodbye to your current home – and the special people within it – is not always a natural or easy process for children; but it an essential part of making a healthy transition. Help provide your children with the skills to say goodbye to their friends and teachers. It’s important.
Along those lines, we must also say goodbye to a few of the special SCIS teachers who are embarking on new challenges for the next school year. On behalf of the entire community, I want to personally say thank you for the service that each of you have provided to our students and community.
We wish each of these educators the best of luck on their next adventure!
Join us at 6:00 pm tonight for the Upper School Drama Performance: Somewhere Nowhere. Come out to support our students as they showcase their talents on the stage. If you cannot make the performance, it will also be shared on the school’s LiveStream account.
Wishing you a fantastic weekend,
- Monday, May 27, G7/8 Arts Performance,2:15pm–3:00pm
- Tuesday, May 28, Upper School Sports Banquet, 3:30pm-6:15pm, Black Box
- Thursday, May 30, Pudong Graduation:
- Grade 7 IDU Exhibition, 9:35am-10:55am, Gallery
- Pudong Graduation,4:00pm- 6:00pm, Pudong Theater
- Friday, May 31, Last Day of ASA 3, End of 3rd Trimester
- Monday, June 3 to 6, Upper School Semester Exams
- Thursday, June 6, Lower School Variety Show, 1:30pm-2:45pm, Theater
- Friday, June 7, Duanwu “Dragon Boat” Festival Holiday (No School)