International Day Food Festival: Sunday, March 18 11:30-3:00
On Sunday (March 18) SCIS will host a family event to celebrate the diversity of our SCIS Community- the SCIS International Food Festival! Bring your appetite and a smile.
Here are some important details.
Food: The festival is a celebration of the diversity of our SCIS community. This is showcased in the diversity of countries that have volunteered to have a table and share their country’s cuisine! Here’s a list of all the countries and tables thus far.
If you would like to contribute to your country’s table, reach out to the contact person.
You will notice that there are still some countries which do not have a representative. This means that at this point, we will not have a table set up. So, we are making one last call for country representatives to help out. If your country is not represented, please reach out to Trish Castillo firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 pm tonight (Wednesday).
The food is free. Drinks will be sold separately. So, bring some spending money.
Bussing Is Provided To/From the Following Locations: Bus riders do need to reserve a spot on the bus to ensure we have enough seats. Email Stu Ren at email@example.com
- Bus 1: 10:55 am Yanlord Garden .. 11:00 am Shimao Riviera
- Bus 2: 11:00 am Green Court … 11:05 am Seasons Villa
- Bus 3: 11:20 Emerald Club House
- Bus 4: 10:45 am from SCIS Hongqiao Campus (Puxi)
- All busses return at 3:10.
Entertainment: There will be stage acts: singing, dancing, etc. Today is the last day to sign up to help showcase the diversity of talent and cultures we have at SCIS. All acts are welcome; family and country-specific acts are especially encouraged. The deadline to sign up is today (Wednesday) at 9:00 pm. Contact Laurie Luebbe at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
In addition to stage entertainment, there will be small booths and activities for young and old alike!
Open House for Non-SCIS Families: The International Food Festival is open to non-SCIS families. If you wish to invite a family, bring them along. We will have an Open House tour of during the day in case new families wish to learn more about the school. If you know of a family that might be interested, reach out and invite them to see our community in action.
We hope to see you this Sunday.
Other big dates on the horizon
- Friday, Senior Big Game Varsity Soccer vs. NAIS @ SCIS. Varsity Boys start at 4:00 pm
- Sunday 11:30-3:00 International Food Festival.
- Monday, March 19, 4:30 PM, IB Art Exhibition
- Wed/Thur, March 21/21: Student Led Conferences
- Thursday Morning (time tbd): Upper School Science Expo in the Cafeteria
- Saturday, April 21: PAFA Art Auction. Get your discounted tickets now for this fun event.
- Thur./Fri., April 26 & 27: Upper School Musical Performance: Thoroughly Modern Millie
Photos From Around the Campus