Too bad about the rain today! We got some time in at the ballroom and did lots of dancing and Minecraft Yoga in class to get some gross motor movement in. Earlier in the week, we had beautiful weather and enjoyed lots of outdoor play!
We have continued to explore lots of art materials and techniques this week. The kids have mostly been painting, using watercolors, fine black markers, and collaging lately. Next week, we will explore a few more techniques before working on our final masterpiece!
We’ve been learning how to talk about art and how to describe it too. We can describe the colors, the shapes, and the lines. But we can also think about the story or the feelings that art might try to convey.
We’ve watched a series of awesome videos entitled Kids Describe Art to Experts, which have helped model appropriate descriptive language for the class.
Reflections on Russian artist, Vasily Kandinsky’s Composition 8.
Reflections on Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci of Italy.
On Friday, our buddy class (Ms. Stamatyades’ class) came in to read to us. It is always a good time!
Important Upcoming Dates
- PAFA picnic is TOMORROW, SATURDAY May 26 @ HQ!
- Pre-K Art Walk is on June 7, hope to see you there!
- Field Day is on June 8. <–CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
- June 13: End of the Year Assembly and grade-level celebration (student-only)
- Last day of school is June 14! It is an early dismissal day for students. They will depart at 11:30am.