Theme: Achieving the level that your desire and ability will allow
Team skills: Focus, tough, committed and proud
This group makes a shift in focus from skill development to competition training. Aerobic endurance is stressed, while weight and dry-land training is increased. Swimmers are encouraged to attend all scheduled practices per week as well as all team swim meets.
Primary Coach: Cheryl Philp
L6 Varsity prerequisites listed below:
- 10 X 50 freestyle @ 1:00
- 6 X 100 freestyle @ 1:50
- 4 X 200 IM without disqualification
- Have achieved at 2 events within a Amin – AAAAmin time (USAmotivational Times)
L5 Varsity prerequisites:
- 10 x 50 freestyle @ 50
- 8 x 100 freestyle @ 1:40
- 4 x 200 IM @ 3:45
L4 Varsity prerequisites:
- 10 x 50 freestyle @ 45
- 8 x 100 freestyle @ 1:20
- 4 x 200 IM @ 3:35
In addition, should be able to:
- Ability to swim 1,000m without stopping
Whilst aiming for:
- Striving to achieve their national Age Group Championship times
Monday-Thursday 4:15pm – 6:15pm
Friday 6:00am – 7:30 a.m : ability based by invitation beings Oct. 18th, 2019.
SEPT. 2019 ATTENDANCE (NOT INCLUDING OPEN SWIM)
Harold du Bois de Vroylande : 93% (Time trials)
Alvar Kjellgren : 95% (Time Trials)
Emily Lim : 85% (Time Trials)
Joppe Rietveld : 95% (Time Trials)
Jungeun Song : 85% (Time Trials)
Leire Vazquez-Quiroga : 100% (Time Trials)
Kyuan (Justin) Lee : 65% (Time Trials)
Kerem Samataci : 30% due to Volley-ball approved permission
Diego Chicot Vina : 48%*review attendance with coach (Time Trials)
Niko Athanasopoulos : 50% (of agreed attendance)
Peter Michael Valerio : 100%
Alesia Vazquez-Quiroga : 70% injury (Time Trial volunteer)
Thomas Fortoul : 87% (Time Trials)
Sydney Funk : 50% injury (Time Trial volunteer)
Mia-Sam Gabay : 85% (Time Trials)
G12 *allowance to maintain 30%
Shin (Cindy) Chen : 40%
Ro’i Gabay : 30%
Blenda Kjellgren : 40%
Prerequisites for Coach Carsons team:
- 10 X 50 freestyle @ 0:55
- 8 X 50 freestyle kick w/board 1:10
- 8 X 100 freestyle @ 2:00
- 8 X 100 IM @ 2:05
- 4 X 200M @ 3:20
- 200 IM without disqualification
- Ability to perform all 4 strokes legally
- Demonstrate turns and finishes for all 4 strokes, and use them during practice
- Ability to read pace clock and be able to send oneself off at basic intervals
- Ability to swim 2000 meters without stopping and with legal strokes and turns
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 4:15-6:00 p.m. primarily for Upper School swimmers however, this is an ability based group (encouraged to attend all practices, but should maintain as close to 100% attendance as possible).
September 2019 Attendance
- Matilda Glitterstam 100%
- Edordo Malvestiti 100%
- Federico Malvestiti 100%
- Grace Blanton 88%
- Philine Peek 100%
- Haruka Sato 88%
- Daniel Xu 75%
- Jungwoo Song 63%
- Puk Langenhof 100%
- Ji-young Lee 94%
- Sofia Tsapliy 100%
- Nina van Lankveld 79%
- Katherine Paul Kassab 69%
- Harry Yeo 79%
- Isaac Curnow 100%
Attendance is calculated as follows:
- As a total percentage from the swimmers first day to the present.
- Absence without prior coach notification is a complete absence, 0% attendance.
- Each swimmer is allowed 3 practices leave with 100% attendance with prior notice to Coach Cheryl.
- After the 3 practice leave rule the swimmers shall be marked for 50% attendance for all other prior notice absences.
- Tardy (after 4:15pm) without prior coach notification is a 25% absence.
- Swimmers should maintain 75% attendance per term to maintain slot within team. Swimmers who fail to maintain 75% average shall be asked to swim for Junior Varsity group or leave the team. Giving allowance for an excelling member of JV swimmer to move into Varsity!
- *IB Students will receive special consideration in regards to meeting practice attendance minimum requirements. IB students shall receive 6 leave days for 100%.
WITH PRIOR COACH NOTICE: At least 24 hours notice so that we can fill your slot in the lane with an excelling swimmer from JV.
WITHOUT PRIOR COACH NOTICE: On the same day OR no communication at all.