Friday: 3:15pm – 4:20pm
Primary Coach: Jane Mao <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thank you to Coach Seven Qi for helping us at the start of the season.
WELCOME swimmers back!
UPPER SCHOOL SWIM TEAM TRY-OUTS SIGN UP: JANUARY 2021.
Thank you for your interest in our swimming team.
Monday 25th January, 17:00-18:00 OR Tuesday 26th January, 17:00-18:00
*Students with schedule conflicts and cannot attend these dates please contact email@example.com
- Swimmers should be able to swim 4 competitive strokes over 50m – 100m
- Swimmers should be able to perform a dive from the deck
- Swimmers should be willing to commit to 2-3x per week for the academic year of 2021.
- Swimmers should be willing to show SCIS pride and dedication by participating in all of our Shanghai based competitions (usually 1x per month)
- Must sign up to attend try-outs, see link and QR code
- Deadline for sign-up JANUARY 22n, 2021.
Prerequisites skills for Junior Varsity:
- 8 X 50 freestyle @ 1:20
- 4 X 100 freestyle @ 2:30
- 4 X 100 IM @ 3:00
- 400m freestyle 7:40
- 200 IM without disqualification
- Ability to perform all 4 strokes legally
- Demonstrate turns and finishes for all 4 strokes, and use them during practice
- Ability to read pace clock and be able to send oneself off at basic intervals
- Ability to swim 500 Meters without stopping and with legal strokes and turns
Equipment: Suggest swimmers have a pair of Speedo Power Swim Fins and Swim Snorkeling Tube for each practice.You could refer to the following link: Snorkel: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.18.104.22.168ad14e06GjVTIR&id=574789604419&ns=1&abbucket=4 Fins: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.22.214.171.1246e14cdaVNePr&id=562274152886&ns=1&abbucket=4
Students wishing to progress from the Junior Varsity to Varsity Team:
- Show a desire and maturity to learn and listen without distracting others on the team while maintaining the minimum attendance requirement
- Have near perfect underwater streamlines with dolphin kicking &/or an underwater pullout for a minimum of 10-meters each time pushing off the wall, diving and turning, without being reminded
- Have the ability to maintain a legal and consistent kick in all four competitive strokes throughout a designed kick set of 800 to 1000-meters
- Have the ability to complete with relative efficiency, rhythm and understanding a designed repeat set (using cycles) of 2000 to 2300-meters
- Have the ability to maintain a legal stroke for 100-meters of butterfly
- Have the ability to maintain legal strokes and turns for a 400-meter individual medley without losing efficiency or rhythm
- Have the ability to maintain legal strokes and turns for a 800-meter freestyle without losing efficiency or rhythm
- Have the ability to consistently perform legal competitive turns in all four competitive strokes and medley swims, without being reminded
- Demonstrate a desire to set personal goals and strive for improvement as a competitive swimmer
Please find other opportunities to swim, please find training plans for these practices:
Attendance through December 2020:
- Yukiko Nii — 100% 😀
- Meadow Valerio — 100% 😀
- Frida Asard — 92%
- Ryan Hunter Anderson — 83% 🙂
- Theo Sommer — 100% 😀
- Matteo Catullo — 92% 🙂
- Sophie Fung — 100% 😀
- Pavvo Miettinen — 67%
- Hsin-Hua Teng — 92% 🙂
- Leo Lee — 100% 😀
- Carla Juarez Sanchez Bustos — 50%
- Victor Desaulles — 75%
- Anjolie Bilodeau –100% 😀
- Jankin Ng — 100% 😀
- Tara Atladottir — 92% 🙂
- Jon Zeqiraj — 83% 🙂
- ChenJia Han — 83% 🙂
- Clement Lau — 92% 🙂
- Claire Sui — 75%
- Moragna Cantalupo — 100% 😀
- Aya Fukuoka — 83% 🙂
Welcome this following swimmers moved up to Junior Varsity team:
Victor Desaulles, Anjolie Bilodeau
Attendance is calculated as follows:
- Absence without prior coach notification is a complete absence.
- Absence with prior coach notification is only a 75% absence.
- Tardy without prior coach notification is a 25% absence.
- As a total percentage from the swimmers first day to the present.
- Absence without prior coach notification is a complete absence, 0% attendance.
- Each swimmer is allowed 3 practices leave with 100% attendance with prior notice to Coach Jane.
- After the 3 practice leave rule the swimmers shall be marked for 50% attendance for all other prior notice absences.
- Tardy (after 3:45pm) without prior coach notification is a 25% absence.
- Swimmers should maintain 75% attendance per term to maintain slot within team. Swimmers who fail to maintain 75% average shall be asked to swim for Junior Varsity group or leave the team. Giving allowance for an excelling member of JV swimmer to move into Varsity!
- *IB Students will receive special consideration in regards to meeting practice attendance minimum requirements. IB students shall receive 6 leave days for 100%.
WITH PRIOR COACH NOTICE: At least 24 hours notice so that we can fill your slot in the lane with other swimmer.
WITHOUT PRIOR COACH NOTICE: On the same day OR no communication at all.