Pic: 8 & Under Team with Coach Seven Qi & Assistant Student Coach Lesaan Lotfi.
A big thank you to Lesaan Lotfi and Kerem Samataci our student Assistant Coaches for helping out with the team as they get settled into the team!
Schedule： Tuesday 15:05 – 4:15pm
Gate pick up : 16:35 SHARP PLEASE!
Attendance in March：
- Isabella Sui: 75% 🙁
- Mila Bloderer: 85% 😉
- Oscar Wang: 100% 😉
- Angie Lin: 100% 😉
- Yuka Tan: 85% 😉
- Ashley Chang: 95% 😉
- Samantha Harline: 100% 😉
- Mia Li: 100% 😉
- Sawyer Harline: 100% 😉
- Max van Alem: 100% 😉
- Sierra Chen: 100% 😉
- Brendan Ge: 100% 😉
- Mink van Herpen: 100% 😉
- Pei-Chen Tu: 100% 😉
- Taylor Insley: 100% 😉
- Duo Duo Jin: 100% 😉
- Chris Tinsum Lee: 100% 😉
- David Li Mikkelsen: 100% 😉
- Ken Chi Cuong Luu: 85% 😉
Primary Coach: Seven Qi ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Attendance is calculated as follows:
- Absence without prior coach notification is a complete absence.
- Absence with prior coach notification is only a 75% absence.
- Tardy without prior coach notification is a 25% absence.
Please make arrangements for transportation for pick up after practice. Also notify the bus monitor that your child will not need the bus service on training days.
- Able to remain independent and accountable within the changing rooms without adult supervision and help.
- Attends all swimming training sessions wearing RED SCIS training suit & SCIS swimming cap.
- Accountable within attendance to allocated training days & times, attending with correct equipment: water bottle, bathing suit, SCIS swim team cap, goggles of choice (no snorkel goggles) and competitive swimming snorkel.
- Able to submerge and swim with and without goggles, showing no signs of stress.
- Clear understanding of pool safety rules; in and out of the water.
- Able to demonstrate and perform the rules of the pool throughout swim team training, PE swimming & at their home pool.
- Understands floatation and balance in the water.
- Can perform a streamline off of the wall, holding this position to the surface of the water.
- Able to swim 25m of all 4 competitive strokes, without disqualification.
- Able to perform a basic competitive shallow dive from the platform.
- Able to perform a somersault in the water and working towards performing flip turns frequently and correctly within the swim training setting.
- Continuing to develop understanding of competition swimming rules.
- Working towards swimming 2500-3000m per week.
- Breathing skills; working on correct release of air and intake of air.
- Able to attend the encouraged swimming meets for the under 8 swimmers.
- Attends all swimming competitions with SCIS swimming suit & SCIS swimming cap; u8’s can wear RED training suit to compete OR BLUE racing suit.
Once swimmers reach their 9th birthday the head coach shall decide the team that the swimmers are suited best to swim within, if these skills have been met. If the swimmer cannot attain the desired times set by their 9th birthday it will be recommended that the swimmer takes outside swimming lessons to achieve the team’s prerequisites for the next level.
Students wishing to progress from the 8 & Under group into the Bronze group should:
- Show a desire and maturity to learn and listen without distracting others on the team while maintaining the minimum attendance requirement
- Have a basic understanding of underwater streamlines with dolphin kicking &/or an underwater pull-out each time pushing off the wall and diving
- Have the ability to maintain a legal and consistent kick in all four competitive strokes throughout a designed kick set of 400 meters (with rest)
- Have the ability to complete with relative efficiency, rhythm and understanding a designed repeat set (using simple cycles)
- Have the ability to maintain legal strokes for 100-meters of freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke without losing efficiency or rhythm
- Have the ability to maintain a legal stroke for 25-meters of butterfly
- Have the ability to maintain legal strokes and turns for a 100-meter individual medley without losing efficiency or rhythm
- Have the ability to legally perform flip-turns during all swims of freestyle without being reminded
- 8 x 50 freestyle @ 1:20
- 4 x 100 freestyle @ 2:30
- 12 x 25 freestyle kick @ 45 (no fins)
- Ability to follow instruction and work well with teammates and coaches
- Ability to use pace clock and push off in 5-sec intervals
- Bring a water bottle, cap, goggles and swimming fins to each training