- SCISQ 12th INVITATIONAL SWIM MEET – THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL VOLUNTEERS!
Thank you to all of the supporters and volunteers this weekend. In particular to all of the families who volunteered their time to support their team.
18 teams (19 including SCIS) came to our school over the weekend and the we hosted 1,062 swimmers this weekend; which makes our meet the biggest meet in Shanghai Swimming League 12 year history, of any of the schools!
I felt really proud to be a dragon this weekend, the support system that came together from our parent group made the coaches feel rewarded and valued. As you can imagine if the volunteers who signed up had failed to honor their commitment or, if we had been unable to gather the volunteers we would not be able to create this opportunity for the student-athletes. Thank you all again, it would not have been possible without your support.
For the families who did not volunteer we strongly encourage you to ensure that you make time on DEC. 1st to aid us with our Santa Splash meet.
A massive thank you to the Crandall family who helped Friday afternoon and throughout the entire weekend! Thank you, thank you. Sharlene organized the volunteer roles and made sure that the roles were always filled and rotating!
2. SCISQ 12th INVITATIONAL RESULTS
Congratulations to our 15 & over girls for placing 1st overall out of the 19 teams!
Sophie Vliegenberg ended on 2nd overall highest point scorer in the 15 & over category! Well done Sophie!
3. INDIVIDUAL SCHOOL RECORDS
Congratulate our swimmers who broke school records this meet (which we are still verifying and updating):
Lucas Florczak | 200m IM | 13-14 boys | 2:31.40
Lucas Florczak | 50m FLY | 13-14 | 29’60
Sophie Vliegenberg |200m FREESTYLE | 15 & over | 2:18.90
Hugo Kvarnstroem | 50m BREASTSTROKE | 15 & over | 31’96
4. COACHES COMMENTS OVERALL FROM THE MEET!
The coaching team were really delighted that all swimmers were:
- On time for warm-ups and ready to swim
- All relay teams swam with spirit and pride and kept the expectation that all teams go on to poolside together and leave poolside as a team
- Swimmers who made the fastest heats are looking prepared and less pressured, beginning to relax into their performances and use correct visualization techniques
- Team pride and support for swimmers racing was visible and appreciated from their team mates and parents
Work can be made on:
- Not all swimmers wore the correct swimming cap, please make sure that you buy our new cap
4. SCISQ 12th INVITATIONAL NO-SHOW SWIMMERS
In terms of attendance it was a clear expectation from the beginning of the season that this meet was a compulsory meet for all training groups.
For swimmers who did not attend without prior notice to their primary coach and myself shall be reviewed for suitability on our team by the coaching team. We shall take into consideration; attendance, performance and desire to be part of the team. For those in this situation you should have received an email.
5. TRAINING THIS WEEK
Friday AM is as usual : 6am – 7:30am.
6. SAS-ISB SAS Puxi
Entries TBA Friday, here!
7. SUZHOU SWIMMING MEET – 17th NOV ! ENCOURAGEMENT MEET!
Sign up is a bus and swimmer & parent traveler sign up.
Open sign up for now, could close soon, sign-up ASAP.
8. ROCKET SCIENCE SPORTS WEBSITE ORDER
The parkas have arrived, waiting on the other items such as t-shirts, caps, string bag.
Have a great week all!